Saturday, October 08, 2005

Being free

Being present in the Here and Now lends us a sense of solidity and freedom.

Perhaps I can illustrate this statement by describing what as happened today in my life. A few years ago I registered a criminal complaint against one of my colleagues who cheated me of a very large sum of money. This person was arrested in due course and subsequently released on bail. I strongly suspect that the Investigating police officer has taken money from the accused in order to mismanage the case.


With all these matters on my mind today, I found myself worrying and making myself miserable. A few years ago this miserable mood may have continued for days. But Eastern Philosophy has helped me to snap out of it.

Click below fo the full article

Gaining solidity and Freedom through the present moment

No comments: